What is Lamisil
Generic Lamisil (Terbinafine) is an antibiotic medicine used in treatment of fungal infections. Terbinafine is available in four forms: tablet, oral granules, ointment and solution. Before you buy Lamisil or from any of the local pharmacies; you should consult with your health care provider to verify the rewards and hazards of this medication.
How to use Medicine
Lamisil tablets are available in 250 mg strength. Generally for treating toenails, one tablet of Lamisil per day is prescribed for 3 months and for treating fingernails it is prescribed for about 6 weeks. You can take this medication either before or after meals. If you discontinue taking this medication before completing the prescribed duration, there are greater chances of becoming affected by the infection again and you will need to start the treatment from the beginning. Only one little cell of the fungus is capable of bringing back the earlier condition of infection again so do not quit the treatment in between.
- Terbinafine may not be harmful for an unborn baby, but still it should be taken only after consulting your health care provider if you are pregnant or even if you have any such plans.
- Nursing mothers should avoid taking this medication as it passes into breast milk and can be injurious to a nursing baby. If it is really required to take Lamisil, you first need to consult with your health care professional
You should store Terbinafine at the room temperature and maintain it away from heat, humidity and direct sunlight. Do not try to store it in the bathroom or kitchen. You need to keep it away from the reach of children and pets. Do not open the packets of oral granules unless you are immediately going to use them. The unwanted and outdated medicine should be disposed of straight away. To know the appropriate way of discarding this medication you can have a word with your health care provider
Lamisil is an antifungal antibiotic drug. It is effectively used in the treatment of infections that are caused by fungus. These infections are normally seen on the skin, fingernails and toenails. Lamisil works by killing the fungus. It is the fastest acting medication among the antifungal antibiotics.
Oral granules of Lamisil are used to treat tinea capitis which is also known as ringworm of the scalp. Lamisil is also useful in treating some other kinds of fungal infections. If you want more information on this you can talk to the pharmacist
If you observe any overdose symptoms such as: nausea, vomiting, dizziness etc, look for medical attention at once. You can also contact the Poison Control Center on 1-800-222-1222 or local emergency services on 911.
- You must not share your medicine with anybody even though they have the same symptoms.
- You need to follow all the instructions given by your health care provider regarding diet and exercise.
- Do not make any modifications in the quantity and frequency of your dosage on your own.
- This is a lengthy treatment and it will take many months for your nails to be normal.
- You may be asked to test your blood occasionally, to check the effect of the medication and your improvement.
- Take this medication with plenty of water.
- Let your health care provider know if you have any medical issues related to liver or kidney
Lamisil Side effects
There are some common side effects of Lamisil; a few of them are as follows:
- Stomach ache
If you find that any of these side effects are bothering or disturbing you, you must contact your health care provider without delay. These side effects are not seen in all the users of Lamisil. Be relaxed as your doctor knows your medical condition and also knows the advantages of this medication are definitely greater for you than any of the risks and that is why he or she has approved this medication for you.
Before you take Lamisil, talk to your doctor to let him or her know if you are taking any other medicines at present, including any type of supplements and also herbal products. There are various medications that interact with Terbinafine. Some of them are as follows:
This does not comprise all the likely drugs that interact with Terbinafine. You can talk to your health care provider or also to the local pharmacist to know more about Lamisil interactions
If you happen to forget to take your scheduled dose, take it whenever you remember it. But if the next dose timing is nearing then do not take the missed dose. Take only the regular scheduled dose. Never try taking two doses together to cover up the missed dose
35, 70, 105 pills